Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A petición del publico

As a new visitor asked me about the story of these photographs..

About a month ago my bestfriend of many many years (we got lost in the calculations, so we agreed we would just say many years), came to visit me in Florida. One of our very first stops was to visit the Florida Caverns, located one hour west of Tallahassee, in Marianna. I have read about them but never got the perfect company, so decision taken, we hit the road west.

I had already visited the maginificent Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico a couple of years before, and several rocky formations a year ago in Utah and Arizona. Florida Caverns it's a remote touristic destination for those looking for Disneyworld, yet it is rather impressive for those who have already seen what people come to see when visiting Florida for few days.

To myself, I have to admit I am a heck of a touristic guide (and my friend would agree), because for the whole month she stayed with me, we went all across Florida, starting in Tallahasee, visiting some towns of Georgia, down to Tampa and Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Key West... and back...

That's the story behind this caverns' photographs... more stories to come then. Some people does enjoy the text along the photographs... There you go! Have fun

Juliana

1 comment: