Monday, December 05, 2005

Trojan War

Finally I can say I am back. The last chapter of an epic war it's comming to an end. The Trojan.Vundo virus might have won a battle, but in the end I won the war. Thank God!

It all started on a sunny day of november... and it all ended on a sunday in december.

After three very long 36-hours days trying to repair the infected file, following all the instructions addressed by Norton, P approached me and suggested me what in a previous life would have been the worst: to reformat the hard-drive. **Hitchcock classic sound** I backed up all the photographs and important files and watch how the blue screen depicted the deletion of all the files... among them.. the evil Trojan.

So, eventhough I did loose quite a lot of time in non-sense recovery, at this point I have a computer that runs like new, with no signs of evil and uninvited tenants.

This explains the lack of photographs for some days during the past week. That together with my story of my previous laptop (RIP/2) are two of the reasons why I stopped posting photos for more than a couple of days... go figure!

Thanks for noticing!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment